Policy Effective Date: February 2008
Last Revised: December 2008
- We will not make any personal information of our participants available to anyone without your knowledge (as described in this policy), except in the rare instances required by law. This includes your name, e-mail address, zip code, age, and gender.
- We will never try to sell you anything – that is not our business. We will never sell your name to anyone else who might want to sell you anything.
- Your individual responses to surveys will also be kept confidential and will never be linked to your personal identifying information.
- Your decisions about participating in a study, responding to specific questions, or discontinuing participation will be respected without question.
- When you register for the invitation list, we collect the following personal identifying information: your name, age, gender, zip code, and email address.
The information we collect and how we use it:
We use your name and email address to let you know about opportunities to participate in focus tests and surveys. Frequency of focus tests and surveys vary by the needs of the industry.
We use your age and gender to select focus tests and surveys that are appropriate for the participant and match the required demographic for the focus test or survey. Anyone not matching the demographic requirement will not be sent an invitation.
We use your zip code to determine if you are close enough to a focus test’s location to be considered. Typically we will invite anyone on our list who qualifies and lives within a 60-mile radius of the testing site.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Participant’s names, e-mail addresses, and zip codes are maintained on a secured database accessible only by MRCI research staff. As with any Internet endeavor, absolute security of information transmitted through channels (communication networks, hardware, software) not directly operated or controlled by us cannot be guaranteed.
As is the case with any information you provide to any business operating in the United States, information provided to MRCI is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders.
Policies on Correcting/Updating Personal Information
MRCI relies on participants themselves to provide any updates to personal identifying information. Participants may update email addresses, zip code, and name of the person who initially registered by e-mailing email@example.com.
Focus test participants may decline to respond to a survey or opt to drop interactive test membership at any time. We respect the decision to decline participation and will not try to dissuade you. Participants who prefer not to complete a given survey need not do so.
Participants who would like to removed from the focus test invitation list may do so at any time by visiting our unsubscribe page at http://mrci.info/unsubscribe. We will process all unsubscribe requests within 10 days of receipt and usually within 48 hours of receipt.
How to Contact Us About Your Privacy Concerns
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.